Saturday, August 2, 2014

Peters Canyon Regional Park- Orange, CA.

In the beginning of the summer, Sim and I visited Peters Canyon. We took the Lakeview Loop, a couple miles of wide, dusty trails. Its a great place for a jog with your furry best friend, as long as you go early in the morning or late in the afternoon. Its gets pretty hot without any shade.

Remember, if the ground feels hot to your bare feet, its hot for your dog's paws. And pups are affected by heat stroke faster than humans. So be sure to always bring plenty of fresh water for the both of you!

I think Sim enjoyed getting a little dirty. By the end of it, I was covered in dust up to my knees and Sim was coated up to his armpits! Oh yeah, this is why I leave an old beach towel and a box of wet wipes in my car...



With the drought and the time of year, the Lakeview Loop lacked a lake. The brush was brown and brittle on either side of the path. You could also see the tops of the nearby neighborhoods. But its still a nice place if you want a change of scenery from your usual walks at home. I'm sure its beautiful in the spring, especially when we finally get some rain and the lake comes back.