Monday, August 11, 2014

Schabarum Regional Park- Rowland Heights, CA


This Sunday, Sim and I joined a couple of friends to hike at the 575 acre Schabarum Regional Park. It is located on the border between Orange and L.A. Counties.

It cost $6 to enter the park on a Sunday. Sure its nice when there is no charge, but I don't mind spending a few bucks on parking. Just think of it as a small donation that goes into maintaining these precious open land resources. $6 isn't such a steep price for a few fun hours of hiking, a good workout, and an escape into a little bit of nature. It costs less than a movie ticket.

We did a four mile hike today. We followed the trail up a decent incline two miles to the summit. From there, we enjoyed this amazing view. Don't you think it would be gorgeous lit up at night?



Then we made the two mile decent. Stopping here and there to enjoy a particularly nice view or rest in the shade. Thank goodness for shade. I wish I was more of a morning person, then I might get out on the trail before the heat sets in!

By the end of it, Sim and I were worn out. Sim is still a baby, so we've just been exploring the easiest trails up until now, mostly to get a good walk in and enjoy some time outside together. But today's hike was a good challenge. And Sim loved it! I am glad that I packed extra water and some little treats for him.